Thread from extremely-macromolecular Coats Zeta polyethylene
Coats Zeta thread is made of extremely-macromolecular polyethylene (SVMPE) and is the only commercially available thread in the world containing gel, and being at the same time the self-greased thread. Thread is produced from raw materials of new generation which are used only for production of the products used in the space and military sphere.
Coats Zeta thread is very wearproof, strong and extremely light thread. These technical characteristics do Coats Zeta Thread ideal for production of a number of industrial goods. The main scopes - the space industry, airships and parachutes, sails of boats, bullet-proof vests and overalls, strong footwear, gloves and filters.
Main types of application
- Aerospace industry
- Protective equipment
- Working clothes
- Gloves steady against cuts
- Protective footwear
- Threads for kites
- Tailoring of military equipment
- Collector bags resistant to cuts
- Clothes for roentgenoscopy
- Specially developed threads
Features and advantages
- Costs Zeta thread is very wearproof, strong and extremely light thread. These technical characteristics do Coats Zeta Thread ideal for production of a number of industrial goods.
- Coats Zeta thread has the exclusive durability and rigidity. At compliance of the sizes of threads Coats Zeta thread by 10 times and 40% stronger, than high-quality steel and aramids respectively.
- Coats Zeta thread has unique properties, including high tensile strength and the module of elasticity at stretching, in combination with resistance to cuts
- Coats Zeta thread has low density - less than 1 gram on cubic centimeter that allows it to float in water, at the same time providing high durability in a weight ratio
- Coats Zeta thread has very high resistance to attrition, being at the same time very soft and strong
- Coats Zeta thread is chemically inert therefore it does not react with the majority of substances
- Coats Zeta thread very strong is also not subject to influence of salt, water and other atmospheric conditions
- Coats Zeta thread is thermally stable at temperatures from -150 °C to 110 °C (melts at 150 °C)
- Coats Zeta thread has high resistance to UF-radiation and influence of microorganisms
Coats Atlantis is made of liquid crystal polymer - the raw materials of the new generation which is usually used in space and military production and conforming to the highest requirements to quality.
Coats Helios P is the hi-tech sewing thread executed from 100 politetraftoretilen (PTFE), having magnificent resistance to chemical influence and influence of UF of beams.
Coats Nylbond is the bondirovanny nylon thread made of previously stabilized complex Nylon 6.6, providing magnificent wear resistance of seams in a product.
|Global offer (Teks No.)||Label number (Nm)||Addition||Average durability||Lengthening of %, minimum - maximum||The recommended needle size *|
|* Instructions for selection of needles have exclusively advisory nature and depend only on characteristics of the required seam
In view of the fact that the possibility of application of this or that thread more depends on conditions of final use of finished product, the customer should hold preliminary testing to be convinced that the picked-up thread applicable for this type of a product. The technical information given above is based on average values and can be used only as approximate.
|50||60||2||10,500||10,703||4 - 7||14 - 18||90 - 100|
|70||40||3||15,000||15,291||4 - 7||14 - 18||90 - 100|
|120||20||3||30,100||30,683||4 - 7||16 - 19||100 - 120|
|The Coats Technical Advisory Service service (providing technical consultations by specialists of the Coats company) is available to use by clients at the choice of this thread|